Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Survival Skills

FREE STUFF & CHEAP STUFF
I looked at craigslist.org today and checked for free stuff. Lots of stuff available, including household items, mini fridge, TV, etc. If you are new to the U.S. and on a shoestring budget, craigslist is a good place to start to set up house. As I mentioned in my book, do look up the Dollar Shops and the Five Below stores as well. Ikea is another great store. When I first arrived in the U.S., I did not know this information and ended up paying a lot for things like clothes hangers, laundry baskets, etc. I also go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get household items but don't ever purchase anything without the 20% off coupons -- they also take competitor's coupons (unexpired) and their own store coupons (even expired ones).

No comments:

Post a Comment