Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Why you should read my book

I have lived in the U.S. for 10 years and am still living in the States. If you are heading this way, get the information you need before you take that big step. Get INSIDE information so that you will have a shorter and smoother route to adjusting well in this vast country. You would probably have some of the questions I had as I prepared for this big move:

What are Americans like and how do I relate to them?
What is the work culture like?
How do I survive and even thrive in this foreign land?
Maybe you have kids and have some burning questions about the education system.
You may have questions about applying to study in a U.S. university.
You would definitely have an interest in food, shopping bargains, and vacations.

Read the chapter on Survival Skills and you will save a bundle as you try to buy the stuff you need to settle in.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia, sent you an email about your book.

    Regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I bought it and almost finished reading it on my 2nd sitting. Useful tidbits here and there. I'd lived 6 months in North America and would love to learn more

    ReplyDelete